Battle Nations Outpost

Quick Links

Latest news

Limited time units sale
June 20, 2015

Here is the list of units that will be avialable during 10-day sale event (only 1 of these units each day):
Legendary Raptor
Legendary Sandworm - Get some of these if you haven't had a chance to do that earlier!
Mechanized Trooper - This one is decent too
Raider Summoner
Wandering Samurai
Weapon Technician
Ancient Sentry
Armored SUV
Nomad Elemental Rover

Battle Nations 4.8
May 15, 2015

The update is finally out and here's what it brings.

As described in the official forums, some units received spawn-on-death feature. Many of the spawned units are different from the standard version of that unit, but all of them seem to be quite weak. However, it may be useful sometimes, for example to delay advancement of your army when last of your front-line units dies and spawns something in its place.

Boss Strike 18 info is now available. As expected, it has the "Quake" environmental effect I mentioned earlier. Flying units received an immunity to this effect. Just as in all the latest boss strike events, there are land and naval battles to fight. Tier 10+ reward is a futuristic-looking Gunship, which may be a decent addition to naval battles.

The limited-time offer for this BS is another futuristic-looking vehicle called Anti-Grav Tank. The unit seems to be interesting. It is considered an LTA, so I guess it will be allowed in some of the naval battles. It also spawns an Aero Jetpack Trooper, a simplified version of the previous limited time unit, when dies.

Mechanized Artillery
April 3, 2015

The unreleased Mechanized Artillery, which is expected to be the next limited-time promo unit, looks interesting because of 2 things.

The first is its DoT effects, which look very strong. Considering that the chance to apply these dots is not 100%, this can introduce an interesting gameplay idea. If the dot is applied, it can do massive damage to the target. If it is not applied, the damage is not that big. This can be fun to take chances...

The second interesting thing about it is that it can target "Sea" units. I do not know yet what it means, because vehicles are not allowed in naval battles, so maybe it is just a mistake.

This unit may be made available for the arena challenge event or for the next BS.

The next BS is expected to have "Quake" environmental effect, which is similar to hot / cold environments we have seen earlier, but with "Crushing" damage type. There are no units that are immune to this effect yet, but this can change before the BS.

Battle Nations 4.7
April 2, 2015

Battle Nations 4.7 is finally available, so let's see what's in there.

New naval units in Fish Hatchery and Dry Dock (some become available after building a Reef Bandit Armory).

New world boss: Dreadnought, available in 2 versions: for levels 60 and above, and for levels 40-59. The boss has a 5% chance to reward Ironclad Battleship

The long-awaited Unicorn Trooper is available to purchase for resources. It is a limited-time offer, so get it while you can.

A new guild vs. guild tournament is planned with various units as rewards. A mixture of up to 3 of these units will be rewarded for guilds ranking 1-2000 in the tournament: C17 Mammoth, F10, Flying Dexter Fragment, Hellshot, Deadshot, Killshot. Reward details are available in the official forums.

One new unit has not been released yet: Mechanized Artillery. Most likely, it will become a limited-time offer for the next BS event.

Boss Strike 17
February 5, 2015

Boss Strike 17 details are now available. No surprises here. As promised, there are land battles with with cold damage over time effects and there are naval battles. 4 types of units as rewards, the only new one is Aero Bike, which may prove to be useful in coastal battles where LTAs are allowed.

Thinking what unit to use on a frozen battlefield? Maybe a Snow Crusher, which is offered as a limited-time unit during the event. From the first look it seems to be an average unit with good damage resistances, ok hp and armor, and questionable attacks.

New Units
January 22, 2015

I will not repeat the news available on the official BN forums. But there are some things not mentioned there.

As you can see in game, Supreme Mini Tank is available as part of one-time offer. The unit can be useful and fun for lower level players, but obviously not of much use at higher levels.

The long-awaited Legendary Sandworm is coming! My guess is that it will be made available as limited-time offer for the next invasion event. It has very good damage resistances, good amount of health, and good enough attacks, however with long reload times. Only 3 of these are allowed to be placed in battle.

Fury is now available to players
December 19, 2014

One of the old time pain-in-the-back enemy units, the Fury is now available to players. If we did not have plasma artillery already, this would be great. With hundreds of plasma artilleries in garage, this unit can probably become a small addition to that army that fills the first 2-3 turns when plasma artillery is still charging.

Battle Nations 4.6
December 16, 2014

Battle Nations 4.6 is out, bringing us asyncronous PvP guild vs. guild tournament. Guilds that rank 51-2000 in this tournament get some resources. But the fun rewards are for guilds ranking 50 and higher. Ranks 11-50 get a Warmonger, ranks 2-10 get that plus a Painmonger, and the winning guild in addition to all that gets a Deathmonger.

We also get some new promo missions for async PvP, rewarding 10 nanopods for winning 5, 10, and 20 battles, and 30 nanopods for winning 40 battles.

Boss Strike Promo Units
November 26, 2014

It looks I've missed the tricky part of the update. There's a land version of the promo unit, which will be given for free if you buy 2 of the naval version of the promo unit.

Boss Strike 16
November 25, 2014

Sovereign Forces are preparing to attack your outpost in Boss Strike 16. This boss strike features a mix of land and naval encounters, but the trick is that land encounters produce 3 times less boss points. The rewards are also naval units: Navy Trooper x3, Mini Sub x2, and Minelayer Destroyer. So far this looks promising.

Atmo Mk1 aka Atmospheric Diving Trooper is the promo units for this BS. Looks good with nice resistances and good hp. Attacks are also good, but have long reload time.

Battle Nations 4.5
November 13, 2014

Battle Nations 4.5 is out, bringing us naval units, some new buildings, including new decorations with nice XP and gold bonuses. And most importantly, this update brings storyline extension!

Now to some technical details... New damage types: DepthCharge and Torpedo. These are used by some of the new naval units. New status effect: Breach. It is a damage-over-time effect with Torpedo damage type.

Boss Strike 15
October 30, 2014

Zombies or Infected... Call them what you want, they do not care. They only care about consuming the flesh of your citizens! Boss Strike 15 details are now available. 10 player units allowed on the field. Plague environmental effect with 2/6/14/25 Fire damage per turn depending on player level. One battle is a challenge battle with 5 waves and increased boss points. Apex Mauler, which is a tier 10+ reward is not too much different from the standard version.
(A hint to z2: tier 4 reward was supposed to be 30 gear-s...)

What can be better than hunting zombies? Slaying them! And here's the Zombie Slayer that can help you with that. This unit looks ok against zombies, but not great for other purposes.

Other news is that z2 now give 5 nanopods per level-up instead of just 1. Good news for those below max level!

Zombie Invasion and New Infected Unit: Mauler
October 9, 2014

Zombie Invasion details are now available. This time the formations are not fixed, some of the enemy units are placed randomly. Players are only allowed to field 6 units plus 1 defense, which can prove to be a challenge for some players. And yes, these zombies do drop black nanopods!

It looks the only change to zombie transformations is the addition of Bigfoot that can be transformed into Specimen i01 "Mauler" with a 85% chance. The other 15% are transformed into good old Specimen e01 "Colossus".

The Mauler would be a decent unit if not for its Fire vulnerability and overall low damage resistance. Combined with teeth requirement for healing, I think it will take this unit off the preferred unit list for BS or any other serious battles.

Boss Strike 14
September 25, 2014

Boss Strike 14 details are now available. One battle is a challenge battle with 5 waves, but it looks z2 have forgotten to add extra boss points to that one...

As expected, Raider Summoner is the promo unit with stats slightly different from the preview version. RS-B17 Shadow Hornet is confirmed as T10+ reward. To be honest, neither of these new units look very impressive. But maybe they will find their roles for some players.

Do words drydock, battleship, destroyer, gunboat, and submarine mean anything to you? Yeah, navy! Do not know when, but they are coming "soon"!

Battle Nations 4.1
September 20, 2014

The new update brought us some new units.

Looks like BS14 will be the return of Yuzul the Raptor Trainer with his raiders and animals. Raider Summoner looks like the promo unit for BS14 and RS-B17 Shadow Hornet will probably be the T10+ reward. The stats (and images) on both units are probably not final, let's just wait until the BS is announced.